Monday, April 29, 2013

Dilly Dally with Illustration

I've created more illustrations as a means of more practicing and perfecting my style, composition, color, and as well as typography; which is a new challenge to master.

Rose Illustration: Created this in two hours and Photoshop from scratch, I want to make more quick illustrations like this in future. Illustrates one of my characters from my writings and the lightning is his power that he wields.


Broken Heart:  Created this illustration based off of a song; 'Helena' By: My Chemical Romance. It has a man with his chest wide open to reveal a broken heart within the dark cavity, his eyes are red to illustrate pain and suffering, it's dark because of depression and anger. Took references from the band album covers. Always, my work is bloodier than I intend it to be. It has some of the lyrics to the song: 
"And what's the worst you take, from every heart you break and like a blade you stain". 
This was definitely a challenge for typography, this isn't perfect, especially the typography. But a learning process to say the least. 

No comments:

Post a Comment